Consent Orders

Secure peace of mind. Make your agreement unbreakable with consent orders.
consent order lawyer | Justice Family Lawyers

“Thanks for letting me show my appreciation. Your lawyers and staff were very helpful and explained everything I needed to know. If ever anyone asks me to recommend a law firm your name would be the first.”  – Allan Glazier

Why Trusting Justice Family Lawyers with Your Consent Order Cases Matters

Justice Family Lawyers adeptly navigate legal complexities, ensuring clear consent orders to prevent future disputes. We protect your rights, prioritising your long-term welfare and interests.

Serving as a neutral buffer, we alleviate emotional strain during discussions. Our comprehensive, enforceable orders mitigate future legal complications, sparing you from potential issues down the track.

Our Services

    What are Consent Orders

    Simply put, consent orders are generally a great outcome if you and your ex-spouse can agree on terms.

    Consent orders are a type of court order created when the involved parties have already agreed outside of court and want to formalise this agreement.

    There are no court hearings involved in consent orders.

    Instead of the court deciding on the orders, the parties draft their own and apply to the court for approval.

    Once the court accepts an application for consent orders, they become legally binding, like any other court order, and both parties must adhere to them as outlined.

    Consent orders rely on mutual agreement between you and your ex-partner.

    You can apply for consent orders at the beginning, middle, or end of a court case.

    Leaving an agreement informal poses significant risks if you and your ex have settled.

    Verbal or informal agreements can lead to problems later on.

    Misunderstandings may arise, or one side might attempt to alter the agreed terms if personal circumstances change.

    refusing to sign consent order | Justice Family Lawyers

    We address all aspects of family law

    Your journey, our advocacy.

    Break Family Court Orders (1)

    How to Get a Consent Order

    Step 1: Agree with Your Ex-Partner

    Have a discussion and come to a mutual agreement regarding finances, property, and/or child arrangements with your ex-partner.

    Step 2: Get Legal Advice

    Reach out to a family lawyer (such as Justice Family Lawyers) to comprehend your rights and receive assistance in drafting an agreement, ensuring its fairness and comprehensiveness.

    Step 3: Prepare Documents

    Your lawyer will assist in preparing the required paperwork, guaranteeing accuracy and alignment with the agreed terms.

    Step 4: Submit to Court

    Submit the completed documents to the family court. They must be error-free and comprehensive to prevent delays or rejections.

    Step 5: Receive Final Orders

    When the court reviews and approves the submission (assuming everything is in order), you'll be granted the official consent orders, legally binding the agreed terms.

    Learn what steps you can take next.


    Star reviews 1 - consent orders
    Very prompt, knowledgeable & helpful. A pleasure to speak with.
    read more
    Colleen Stewart
    Justice Family Law was prompt and efficiently answered my questions during my initial enquiry providing me with confidence to participate in a 10 min complementary appointment with a solicitor on the same day. Following this appointment I happy with JFL enough to begin proceedings.
    read more
    Dean Davies
    Expertise, clarity and professionalism when needed. Appreciated and Valued.
    read more
    David Robinson
    I received excellent legal representation. Juliana’s and Monique’s professionalism is remarkable, along with their knowledge and execution of the law. With this being, not only a very difficult situation, but it was also an extremely sensitive and emotional time in my life and Monique handled this case from beginning to end with what I would consider perfection in every aspect. Highly recommend !! 🤗🤗😊 Thanks, J Yousef
    read more
    Jala channel
    Ver helpful and friendly staff. I talked to one of their representatives. It was very helpful talking to them.
    read more
    Muhammad Umair Mujahid
    Thanks Julianne for providing best services for our case. She answered all of my questions timely. She provided best possible legal advice for our case. We get the best outcome.☺️
    read more
    Yin Min Theingi