Formalise Your Agreement

Formalise Your Agreement

Once you have separated with your partner, you may think that you have a grip on the situation and that you don’t need to write up a parenting plan.

However, the situation can change very quickly. Your ex may remarry or find a new partner. They may hear from other separated couples that they are entitled to more time with their child or that you are a bad influence on the child. A parent may even decide to relocate with the child.

Any of these things can happen, leaving you in a situation where you would like to refer to a legally enforceable document that clearly identifies what to do in any given situation.

You should always try and get a parenting agreement finalised when you are on amicable terms with your ex, not once there are problems and both parties start resenting one another.

If you reach an agreement but want to keep things informal without Consent Orders, you are taking a huge risk that may costs you thousands of dollars down the line.

How To Get A Divorce?
How to get a divorce in Australia if married overseas?
Divorce Counselling
Should I Change My Will After Divorce?
Child Custody
What are the best interests of the child?
What is equal shared parental responsibility in Australia?
Sole Parental Responsibility
Changing A Child Custody Agreement
Child Relocation After Divorce
How To Prevent My Children Travelling Overseas?
What is Supervised Contact?
Child Passport After Divorce
Grandparents Rights
Property Settlement
Divorce Property Settlement – How Much Will I Get?
Will I Receive 50% of Everything?
Coming To An Agreement Outside Of Court
Do I Pay Stamp Duty To Transfer My Property After A Divorce?
Financial Agreements
What is a Prenup?
What Are The Pros and Cons of Financial Agreements?
How Can I Get A Prenup Set Aside?
Consent Orders
Why do I need Family Court Consent Orders?
Application for Consent Orders
Contravention of Court Orders
Child Support
What is Child Support?
Apply for Child Support
Child Support Calculation
Changing Child Support
Family Mediation
5 Tips to Help Prepare for Family Mediation
What is a s60i Certificate?
Going to Court
Starting An Application
Filing A Response
Can You Be Separated And Live In The Same House?
Domestic Violence
ADVO – Apprehended Domestic Violence Order
Remove My ADVO
What Is Child Abuse?
Father's Rights After Separation
Formalise Your Agreement
Tip's For Fathers
Mothers' Rights After Separation
De Facto Relationships
Definition of De Facto Relationship