Consent Orders

When you and your ex-are separating, it is likely that you’ll discuss:

  • parenting arrangements for the children of the marriage (if any)
  • how the joint property will be divided in the property settlement
  • spousal maintenance

If you can reach an agreement on any OR all of the above, you can save a lot of time and money and apply for Consent Orders. Consent Orders can be made at the beginning, middle or end of a court matter. An Application for Consent Order consists of two documents. These are:

The Application for Consent Orders
  • Approximately 25 pages
  • Both parties must complete it
  • You must disclose detailed personal and financial information, such as disclosure of all assets and their values
  • Disclosure must be full and frank

 Minutes of Consent 
  • You provide details of what orders are sought by you and your spouse
  • An example is details regarding what will happen to motor vehicle Toyota Yaris Registration 123XYZ

IMPORTANT: The Registrar who receives your Application for Consent Orders and Minutes of Consent must be satisfied that the agreed property settlement or spousal maintenance arrangements are fair and reasonable and that the parenting arrangements are in the best interests of the child.

If the Court is not satisfied that this is the case, they can seek further explanation from the parties as to why the Court should approve the agreed terms.

Click on the links below to find out further information about what your legal options are and what you need to consider when you want to get consent orders.

Remember if you have a question about a particular issue, you can contact our solicitors for advice by phone or make a website enquiry directly to our office.

Send Us A Message

How To Get A Divorce?
How to get a divorce in Australia if married overseas?
Divorce Counselling
Should I Change My Will After Divorce?
Child Custody
What are the best interests of the child?
What is equal shared parental responsibility in Australia?
Sole Parental Responsibility
Changing A Child Custody Agreement
Child Relocation After Divorce
How To Prevent My Children Travelling Overseas?
What is Supervised Contact?
Child Passport After Divorce
Grandparents Rights
Property Settlement
Divorce Property Settlement – How Much Will I Get?
Will I Receive 50% of Everything?
Coming To An Agreement Outside Of Court
Do I Pay Stamp Duty To Transfer My Property After A Divorce?
Financial Agreements
What is a Prenup?
What Are The Pros and Cons of Financial Agreements?
How Can I Get A Prenup Set Aside?
Consent Orders
Why do I need Family Court Consent Orders?
Application for Consent Orders
Contravention of Court Orders
Child Support
What is Child Support?
Apply for Child Support
Child Support Calculation
Changing Child Support
Family Mediation
5 Tips to Help Prepare for Family Mediation
What is a s60i Certificate?
Going to Court
Starting An Application
Filing A Response
Can You Be Separated And Live In The Same House?
Domestic Violence
ADVO – Apprehended Domestic Violence Order
Remove My ADVO
What Is Child Abuse?
Father's Rights After Separation
Formalise Your Agreement
Tip's For Fathers
Mothers' Rights After Separation
De Facto Relationships
Definition of De Facto Relationship

Send Us A Message