How To Prevent My Children Travelling Overseas?

After a divorce, you may be worried about your children travelling overseas and not returning back to the country.

The other parent may take your child overseas either temporarily or permanently or may be taking them to a dangerous country.

You can prevent this from happening if you act quickly.

The most effective method is to obtain a Court Order for a Passenger Analysis Clearance and Evacuation System (PACE) Alert and send it to the Australian Federal Police.

This puts your child’s details on an Airport Watch List at all international departure points in Australia.

The Federal Police can stop the child from leaving Australia from a domestic terminal.

The child will remain on the Airport Watch List until a Court Order is made otherwise.

It is extremely rare that the Australian Federal Police will place a child’s name o the Airport Watch List without a valid Court Order.

The Law requires that both parents of a child must give written consent to issue a valid passport.

You can lodge a Child Alert Request with the Australian Passports Office.

This alerts the Australian Passports Office that you have not given consent to issue your child a passport.

It is a warning to the Australian Passports Office to pay special consideration to the Application, but not a guarantee that the passport will not be issued.

A Child Alert Request remains in effect for a maximum of 12 months.

You can also make an application to the court for the passport for the child to not be issued.

You will need to provide the court with reasoning as to why you believe that the child should not have a passport.


Send Us A Message

How To Get A Divorce?
How to get a divorce in Australia if married overseas?
Divorce Counselling
Should I Change My Will After Divorce?
Child Custody
What are the best interests of the child?
What is equal shared parental responsibility in Australia?
Sole Parental Responsibility
Changing A Child Custody Agreement
Child Relocation After Divorce
How To Prevent My Children Travelling Overseas?
What is Supervised Contact?
Child Passport After Divorce
Grandparents Rights
Property Settlement
Divorce Property Settlement – How Much Will I Get?
Will I Receive 50% of Everything?
Coming To An Agreement Outside Of Court
Do I Pay Stamp Duty To Transfer My Property After A Divorce?
Financial Agreements
What is a Prenup?
What Are The Pros and Cons of Financial Agreements?
How Can I Get A Prenup Set Aside?
Consent Orders
Why do I need Family Court Consent Orders?
Application for Consent Orders
Contravention of Court Orders
Child Support
What is Child Support?
Apply for Child Support
Child Support Calculation
Changing Child Support
Family Mediation
5 Tips to Help Prepare for Family Mediation
What is a s60i Certificate?
Going to Court
Starting An Application
Filing A Response
Can You Be Separated And Live In The Same House?
Domestic Violence
ADVO – Apprehended Domestic Violence Order
Remove My ADVO
What Is Child Abuse?
Father's Rights After Separation
Formalise Your Agreement
Tip's For Fathers
Mothers' Rights After Separation
De Facto Relationships
Definition of De Facto Relationship

Send Us A Message