Filing A Response

Filing A Response to an Initiating Application

It can be quite an uncomfortable feeling when you receive court forms telling you that you need to go to court on a particular date to appear in front of a judge.

You should read through the Initiating Application and Affidavit carefully, then you will need to file the following:

Response to Initiating Application – You use this form because you disagree with the orders sought by your ex-partner and you want the court to make different orders or no orders at all.

Affidavit – This is a supporting statement that details your version of events and is in line with your Response. It should also respond to the affidavit that was filed with the initiating application.

Notice of Child Abuse, Family Violence or Risk of Family Violence – this needs to be filed only if you are seeking parenting orders. It is to put the court on notice that there may be a risk to the children involved in the court proceedings.

Financial Statement – If you are going to court for a financial matter, you will need to file this document. You will need to fill in information about your current financial situation.

Send Us A Message

How To Get A Divorce?
How to get a divorce in Australia if married overseas?
Divorce Counselling
Should I Change My Will After Divorce?
Child Custody
What are the best interests of the child?
What is equal shared parental responsibility in Australia?
Sole Parental Responsibility
Changing A Child Custody Agreement
Child Relocation After Divorce
How To Prevent My Children Travelling Overseas?
What is Supervised Contact?
Child Passport After Divorce
Grandparents Rights
Property Settlement
Divorce Property Settlement – How Much Will I Get?
Will I Receive 50% of Everything?
Coming To An Agreement Outside Of Court
Do I Pay Stamp Duty To Transfer My Property After A Divorce?
Financial Agreements
What is a Prenup?
What Are The Pros and Cons of Financial Agreements?
How Can I Get A Prenup Set Aside?
Consent Orders
Why do I need Family Court Consent Orders?
Application for Consent Orders
Contravention of Court Orders
Child Support
What is Child Support?
Apply for Child Support
Child Support Calculation
Changing Child Support
Family Mediation
5 Tips to Help Prepare for Family Mediation
What is a s60i Certificate?
Going to Court
Starting An Application
Filing A Response
Can You Be Separated And Live In The Same House?
Domestic Violence
ADVO – Apprehended Domestic Violence Order
Remove My ADVO
What Is Child Abuse?
Father's Rights After Separation
Formalise Your Agreement
Tip's For Fathers
Mothers' Rights After Separation
De Facto Relationships
Definition of De Facto Relationship

Send Us A Message