Father’s Rights After Separation
We represent a lot of fathers who are seeking family law information about their children and fathers rights after separation in Australia. Many fathers come to us with depression, anxiety and high levels of stress because they believe that they will not be able to spend time with or see their children.
Most of the time we hear about domestic violence, we automatically think it’s regarding a physical attack where one person is hit and hurt by the other.
Domestic Violence also includes emotional attacks or threats of violence.
Examples of domestic violence that our lawyers deal with
The following are some examples of domestic violence:
- Repeated derogatory comments
- Depriving someone of freedom of movement or speech
- Preventing someone from spending time with their friends and family
- Holding someone an economic hostage, not supporting them financially to allow them to meet their reasonable living expenses
- Threats of violence
- Damaging or destroying property or animals.