Domestic Violence Lawyers
Our domestic violence lawyers are experts in assisting those in need. Family or domestic violence is usually about power and control and there are many ways a person can demonstrate such behaviour. It can be physical, emotional, economic or social abuse, and it can happen to any sex at any age.
Most of the time we hear about domestic violence, we automatically think it’s regarding a physical attack where one person is hit and hurt by the other.
Domestic Violence also includes emotional attacks or threats of violence.
Examples of domestic violence that our lawyers deal with
The following are some examples of domestic violence:
- Repeated derogatory comments
- Depriving someone of freedom of movement or speech
- Preventing someone from spending time with their friends and family
- Holding someone an economic hostage, not supporting them financially to allow them to meet their reasonable living expenses
- Threats of violence
- Damaging or destroying property or animals.